I love inspirational quotes. Life will throw you many curveballs. There will be times where you feel everything is going wrong. This is when you need to find inspiration the most.
You need to bookmark this page and come back every time you’re feeling down about your business or personal life and need some inspiration to get you through.
Instead of just throwing out 21 random inspirational quotes for starting a business, I wanted to share the impact that they can have on you. Let’s get started with the 21 inspirational business quotes:
1. My son is now an ‘entrepreneur’. That’s what you’re called when you don’t have a job. – Ted Turner
Anyone can pretend to be an entrepreneur. Just because you call yourself an entrepreneur and attend entrepreneurship events, it doesn’t mean SHIT. What action are you taking? What are you doing to grow your business and to make some real money? You need to start taking action and doing real work, instead of just printing out business cards and creating a Twitter page to call yourself a true entrepreneur. Instead of worrying about your title, focus on getting into the habit of taking action.
2. Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming. – Richard Branson
There are opportunities all around us. Don’t sit around waiting for the “perfect idea” because you’re going to be waiting for a long time. Instead of being delusional by waiting for some idea to magically come, you need to get out there and find people that are willing to pay for your services. Then you’ll know that you’re onto something.
Take advantage of all of the business opportunities around you right now.
3. Leadership is doing what is right when no one is watching. – George Van Valkenburg
Are you doing what’s right when nobody is watching? Most of don’t do this. True leaders are able to do what is right when there’s nobody watching.
4. An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today. – Laurence J. Peter.
You don’t always have to stress about what others tell you that you can’t do. You just never know when you can prove something or someone wrong. Who would have figured that a tool where you post short thoughts would work? Did anyone have a clue that Twitter would get this huge? Only the creators did.
5. Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures. – Evan Esar
Are you letting useless stats cloud your judgment? I certainly have been guilty of this far too many times. Stop worrying about useless stats!
6. Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I’m not there, I go to work. – Robert Orben
There’s no need to be afraid of work. Don’t give up before you reach your goals. It may not happen today or tomorrow. It will eventually happen if you do the right things for long enough.
7. I like thinking big. If you’re going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. – Donald Trump
You know the classic saying, “go hard or go home.” It also applies to business. Don’t be afraid to be bold with your goals.
8. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. – Bill Gates
Do you listen to your problem customers? Do you ignore valid criticism? I find that too many new business owners are guilty of calling those with a valid criticism a “hater.” I hate the word hater and I hate it when someone responds to a valid point with an attack on the other person.
9. Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. – Dwight Eisenhower
Are you a good leader? Very few of us are because school doesn’t teach us to be leaders.
10. Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games. – Babe Ruth
You need to focus on winning today. What have you done today to improve your business? Stop worrying about what happened to you in the past.
11. The NBA is never just a business. It’s always business. It’s always personal. All good businesses are personal. The best businesses are very personal. – Mark Cuban
How personal is your business?
12. The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity. – Peter F. Drucker
These three steps will get you far ahead of your peers that are doing nothing.
13. Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. – Vince Lombardi
I’ve noticed over the years that successful people are often successful in other areas of life, while others are always coming up with the same excuses. Which side of the fence will you fall on?
14. In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later. – Harold Geenan
I find that’s it’s easy to get stuck thinking about the bottom line in your 20s because you have debt to pay off. We need to remember that there’s nothing wrong with going after experience and thinking long-term with our income.
15. You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong. – Warren Buffett
You don’t always have to win or succeed as long as you do the right things when you absolutely need to. You’re smart enough to know what you have to do and when.
16. It’s through curiosity and looking at opportunities in new ways that we’ve always mapped our path at Dell. There’s always an opportunity to make a difference. – Michael Dell
You have the power to make a difference.
17. The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle. – Unknown, saw it on a t-shirt
If you fail to prepare then you prepare to fail. Doing real research and digging deeper will always benefit you.
18. Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. – Thomas Edison
There really are no secrets out there. Just get off your ass and work. That’s all you need to know.
19. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. – Thomas Edison, again
I’ve learned over the years that failing is just apart of life. If you’re not failing, you’re just not trying hard enough. As much as failing sucks, you need to remember that the most successful people in this world have failed.
20. 85% of success is just showing up. Woody Allen
Being late or calling in sick will never help you. The battle is won by those that actually show up. Calling in sick is just too easy. Not showing up or being late will hurt you. When you’re feeling your worst, dress your damn best. When you’re feeling tired, drink cup of coffee and remind yourself of what your goals are. Don’t be afraid of showing up.
21. If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses– Henry Ford
Sometimes you need to think outside of the box. Don’t be afraid to break the rules and throw out the instruction manual. You never know what you can accomplish when you try something others are afraid of.
I hope you enjoyed those 21 inspirational quotes. I got the idea for this post from my new favorite blog Quick Sprout. Check out 101 motivational business quotes.
Please add your favorite inspirational quote below…